Answer by Syama Meagher:
This is a two fold answer. The first, how can I drive traffic to my site. The second, how can I push someone through my funnel. There is a 2a which is how can I increase the lifetime value of my customer- you don’t want to be a one hit wonder.
I’ll let an online marketer share with you traffic suggestions. I’ll dive into #2- this is in respect to fashion (my wheelhouse), but you will be able scrape from it.
- Be clear on what you are selling. Don’t have too many headers on your site. If you are selling womens shoes, create obvious headers and filters (size, color etc.)
- Create calls to action. You want someone to buy- make it obvious. You want them to like your product- make it easy
- Use a platform which supports content details. I love Shopify. Great for content optimization. I like to use this site (supported by Shopify) for example of product description, sizing, FREE SHIPPING (love this one), and details.
- Link Selling: Show products that can be sold together and Suggest alternatives based on shopping patterns.
- Maximize each image: Don’t just feature one item if you can merchandise and sell multiple per image.does a great job of this.
- EASY CHECKOUT. Ton’s of sites get this wrong. IF you want people to checkout without hesitation create an easy 1-2 step checkout process. Too many steps, more opportunities to opt out.
- Abandoned cart emails. Great for reminding you what you left behind.
- Emails and content not geared towards selling: reverse marketing.
3. Creating value and community. Make your site sticky through engaging content.
I am sure there are a ton more strategies to all of these, but this is a good place to start. Also, never hurts to do comp research into the brands and sites that you believe are doing a good job, and scrape from that.