Why is email acquisition so tough? Especially on an ecommerce site. There are few tricks in the bag. Everyone has a newsletter pop up and how many coupon codes can you really send to friends and family. Here are a couple of tips that really work, so read on an implement.
1. Create a product giveaway. Everyone loves something free, contests are great too. Drive traffic to your new email acquiring landing page or pop up with paid advertising on Google, Bing, Facebook or Instagram.
2. Create compelling content and syndicate it. If your content is good then they will want to subscribe to get more. If you have built up your brands YouTube channel ask them directly to come to your site and subscribe. Ask your Instagram following to sign up for your “new” newsletter. Hey, no one knows that its not new ?
3. Create fun and catchy opt-ins. I love what Pura Vida does for their brand. If your brand isn’t taking a casual attitude, find a style that does the same trick.
4. Referral marketing. Sign up for a platform like Referral Candy, there are lots like them, and start implementing referral marketing with the people who are already customers. They refer a friend to the site, and they get 20% off their next purchase. Clean and easy. Let your customers do the work for you.
5. We talk a lot about driving traffic through digital means, but what about in person. Your customers deserve a 360° brand experience. If you do a pop-up shop, sell at a flea market or do any time of selling that is live bring your iPad and incentivize your captive audience to sign up on your email list.
Good luck on your journey of growing your email list! Its not easy, takes time, but is well worth it. Email is golden.