Answer by Syama Meagher:
Scott mentioned some great points. To build on them, try the following:
- Add Lifestyle Images, product shots in context
- Have 3-5 images per line
- Your homepage should be interesting (add copy about your brand, an area to sign up and offer a small discount when they do!)
- Your shop section should be easy to navigate and purchase from : think 1 page checkout
- Write great copy about your products and your company
- Add more content: Do you have a blog, inspiration board? Behind the scenes of how the products are made? I need more info on who this brand is and who the customer is.
- Try using easy ecommerce solutions for checkout and site building like Goodise, Shopify or Storeny. If you are on wordpress and looking to add a shopping section think Vendevor or Woocomerce.
- Building your audience on social? Make sure to include links to Twitter, Pinterest & Facebook.
- Ask yourself the question: why is my product/brand so great? Now make sure people know this when they see your site.
Checkout this class on